Monday, October 13, 2014
Retreat! Retreat! Retreat! No, it does not mean back down or run away…it means “PURSUE” righteousness, faith, love and peace! Our retreat this weekend is centered around 2 Timothy 2:22. I’m looking forward to a great weekend! Here are some details:
- Middle School Retreat:
- We leave at 5:30pm. Try to eat before you come…but we’ll have a snack once we arrive.
- Do not bring anything electronic…we are disconnecting for the weekend…it may sound scary, but you’ll love it!
- Bring bed stuff…sheets, pillows, covers…and some toiletries…yes that means deodorant!!!
- Bring your real, hard copy Bible…I know you have one. If not, one will be provided for you:)…and a notebook and pen.
- Bring your teams color for the PURSUIT: Green – 6th ; Blue – 7th; Red – 8th; Orange – leaders.
- Due to our return from the retreat, we will not have BAM and HIS (Bible studies)…Our weary leaders need some rest:)
Enjoy arcade games right here!
The Bible says that through Jesus Christ, we are fused together as a body of believers. We must be in Christ to be fused together with other believers. Our main goal in Fusion is for students to come to a saving relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Next, it is our goal to help students live for God and to be transformed and conformed to the image of Christ. By conforming to Christ, students will discover God’s unique plan and will for their lives so that they can live out God’s purpose that He has for each of them, while at the same time, they are being “fused” together by His Son.
So in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.– Romans 12:5
We do offer "Sunday School" classes which we call Connection Groups. These groups all meet before the Sunday morning services at either 8:00 am or 9:30 am. We've found that joining a Connection Group really helps one to grow, so find a Connection Group that fits you and come participate.
|6th-12th Grade||Room 5212|| Cheryl Tidwell, Director|
Mike Lawlis, Teacher
|6th Grade||Room 5204/5206|| Joe & MeMe Smith, Directors
Ron Riles, John Russo
Scott Cole, William Behrends
Kelly Orr, Melanie Behrends
Linda Bryant, Nicole Colony, Rosanny Witter
|7th Grade||Room 5204/5206||
Chuck & Brandi Vinson, Directors
|8th Grade||Room 5204/5206|| Paul & Michelle Wilson, Directors
Barry Roberson, Mike Robinson
Mike Connell, Dale Hall
Melissa Roberson, LeAnn Connell
Kelly Payne, Raelyn Latchaw