RELAUNCH: FOR GENERATIONS TO COME
Welcome to Relaunch! Here you can find information on the Relaunch Campaign, and our current efforts to create an engaging and practical space for ministry to Middle School Students. You can find information such as total amounts given, building progress, pictures, updates and more.
The next generation has always been important to the people of Olive Baptist. Our history has been one of the older generations building up and handing off the ministry to the coming generations and the Middle School Ministry Building is an outgrowth of that ministry philosophy. This new building while multi-purpose and multi-generational in its usefulness has the primary focus of educating and discipling those in the critical years of middle school. It will be through the use of this new facility that the people of Olive will seek to instill in middle school youth the values and virtues of our Lord Jesus Christ so that they too will grow as believers and one day pass on their spiritual heritage to a new generation.
FEATURES OF THE NEW MIDDLE SCHOOL BUILDING:
• Large, welcoming open space for relationship building, activities and spiritual interaction
• 250 seat auditorium with state of the art media capabilities
• Spacious training room for meetings, youth/adult training and social interactions
• Larger department gathering rooms with smaller break-out rooms
• Outdoor space dedicated to socializing and games
• Design Build Team
• IT Team
• Media Team
• Security Team
• Education Team
PROGRESS AND PROJECTIONS:
The new Middle School Building's projected finish date is currently in the first quarter of 2017
The projected start date for construction is March 7
As of January 2016 the area has been sectioned off for construction and inspection
LAST WEEKS DONATIONS TO RELAUNCH:
TOTAL DONATIONS TO RELAUNCH:
PROJECTED BUDGET TO DATE
• What is the total cost of the project?
$6.2 million for Middle School Building
• What is the starting time of the project?
Demolition of the Maintenance, Housekeeping and print shop began on Dec 7, 2014. Planning began in January 2015 and construction began March 2016.
• What is the size of the Middle school building?
Approximately 30,000 square feet.
• What are the middle school students going do during construction?
Students have been relocated into 2nd floor Howard West education rooms.
• What contractor is doing this project?
Morette Company is the general contractor and Caldwell and Associates is the architect. Approved by the church on September 22, 2013.
• What experience does Morette Company provide?
Morette Company is located in Pensacola, has been the name behind a diverse assortment of premier projects. They have provided Construction Management, General Contracting, Design-Build and Development services throughout Northwest Florida since 1978. They provide personal attention to the unique details of Olive’s project which we see resulting in the creation of a successful, long-term relationship.
• What is the projected time line for the project?
The design development started in January 2015. Construction is estimated to start in spring of 2016 with completion estimated to be the beginning of 2017.
• What is the expected life cycle of the buildings?
At least 40 years.
• What will it cost to operate, clean and maintain the new building?
Approximately $150,000 annually.
• I joined Olive after the giving campaign was completed, can I still participate and if so how?
Yes you can and if you want to make a commitment to the Relaunch Campaign you can do so by contacting the church Administrator, Dan Beard at (850) 476-1932 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also give by clicking the “Give” button under the “Financial Update” section on this page.